Sweetpea Events Calendar
Friday February 28 - Sweetpea Committee Meeting
Sweetpea Committee Meeting
Saturday March 1, 1 pm
Sunday, March 16, 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday, April 27
Spring Dog Walk
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Town Yard Sale
Sunday, August 3, 2014
Sunday, September 21, 2014
START on the Street
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Halloween Dog Walk
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Pictures with Santa
All events at Sweetpea Shelter unless shown otherwise. Click on + sign above for details or call Melanie at 508-757-7959
OUR WISH LIST
We are currently in need of
- Pedigree dry dog food, dry and canned cat food, and dog biscuits (treats)
- Cat litter:Yesterdays News brand, as clay litter causes dust problems)
- Toys for cats and dogs
- Blankets and towels (no sheets please)
- Cleaning supplies, esp. bleach, laundry detergent, hand sanitizer
- Office supplies, esp. copy paper and a printer.
A full list of wish-list items is given on our Donate page.
Shop via Adopt-A-Shelter to donate a % of your purchases to Sweetpea FoR Animals! Just click on the image
A non-profit, no-kill animal rescue
All of our beautiful babes need homes. Former ferals 50% off and surrenders 25% off.
Reduced fees for all cats over one year old. Look how educated our cats are!
Come visit and we will give details!
GreaterGood, The Animal Rescue Site, and GreaterGood.org are excited to ring in 2014 with the new 2014 Celebrations Shelter Challenge. We’ll be giving away 244 prizes, worth a total of more than $100,000, including monetary grants, vaccinations, and pet beds, to eligible shelters in the U.S. and around the world.
Vote for Sweetpea at www.shelterchallenge.com!
SWEETPEA ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Sweetpea Committee Meetings are held monthly at the Paxton Shelter Office. If you would like to volunteer for us, please contact Melanie for information at 508-757-7959.
- We are working on fundraising and publicity ideas.
- We have a Board vacancy for Treasurer.
- We would welcome help from a professional photographer in capturing photogenic images of our adoptable animals and generating publicity shots!
- The Fall (Halloween) Dog Walk needs to be organized!
- We are seeking help with manning PetCo adoption days, reaching out to Schools for volunteering programs, and help with getting out information on our events.
- Minutes from the 6/27/2013 committee meeting.
The meeting will be held in our Shelter Office at 1090 Pleasant St. Paxton, MA
ANIMAL SHELTER & BOARDING KENNELS
SWEETPEA, Friends of Rutland Animals, has a shelter and kennel just over the Rutland line in the town of Paxton. If you are planning a vacation, please consider boarding your dog or cat with us - these fees subsidize our animal rescue. Our kennels are located on Route 122 at 1090 Pleasant St. Paxton, MA. We also house our rescue animals at this facility. See our kennels webpage for photos and more information.
Our current boarding rates are: $25.00 per day for dogs; $13.00 per day for cats.
We offer a multi animal discount for boarding 2 animals
We welcome you to call 508 757-7959 or stop by to see us, 10am-3pm, 7 days a week. Please check our Facebook page for news of weather-related closures.
PetCo Weekends - Volunteers Needed
We staff an information table at the Auburn PetCo on weekends. This gives us publicity and makes the public aware of who we are and what we do, as well as raising much-needed donations and allowing us to adopt out dogs and cats. Volunteers are needed to staff the table from 11.00 - 2. 00 on Saturdays or Sundays. Please contact Dick Clark (contact details below) if you have the time to help out.
Amazon will automatically donate 0.5% of your purchases to the charity you select. It costs you nothing, and it's just like shopping on Amazon normally:
- Just start your shopping(or change your bookmark) at smile.Amazon.com
- Search for Sweetpea Friends of Rutland Animals in the charity search box (type Sweetpea and you'll see two organizations - select Sweetpea Friends of Rutland Animals from the list). Amazon will remember your selection in future.
Sweetpea is listed with iGive.com to receive a donation every time someone purchases from an online business listed with them. There are over 500 stores for you to shop at, including Amazon.com, Lands End, and other major retailers. We receive up to 26% of the sales total if you enter a retailer's site via iGive.com. This can help us feed and care for the animals that we rescue ~ and it may even contribute towards building the shelter that we need.
Open 10am - 3pm, 7 days a week
Please call or email Melanie for an appointment for further details about a Sweetpea event or to meet with our adoptable pets.